Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Huggable, Kissable, SObelievable.

Today is one of the largest commercialized holidays of the year. Nothing like Valentines day makes you have to buy! buy! buy! Do we all forget that when these holidays were started they were for some religious or object-less reason and the old way to celebrate were through actions and gestures? My husband is totally NOT ALLOWED to buy me anything for V-day (kind of sounds like war times, sometimes is). I believe in more of the idea that he should make random gestures of love for me THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. If the only time he musters up enough drive to get me something or love on me is the required day, maybe we weren't meant to be. I don't mean to be a holiday grinch but really, I think the way we "must" celebrate in America is just ridiculous. Do something nice for somebody, why are we so infatuated with objects. The obsession with our things is out of hand. LOVE me or go away. I don't need your flowers today. I also don't want to make a huge neon sign for those without a certain someone in their life saying, "YOU CANNOT HAVE THIS HOLIDAY BECAUSE YOU ARE ALONE, HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU SUCK" I mean really. enough said.

Love till next post,
Sandra

p.s. What I just said totally doesn't mean we don't take advantage of the sales the day after vday so we can have chocolate and stuff for less money :) if your into getting stuff, wait the extra day and you can get twice as much for your money
HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY

No comments: