Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Are we in Iceland?

I guess when I said I would post EVERY day I meant every few days! I was planning on posting everyday when to my surprise when I went to post our computer wasn't working. As well as our computer, the tv, the bathroom light and the oven weren't working! Don't worry our house didn't have that many malfunctioning appliances at once, we just lost our electricity (as well as hundreds and hundreds of others, who are still without it) due to this,

A CRAZY ICE STORM!!!!!

A close up to show you all how thick it was....


If you look at the grass you can see max's (our dog) favorite perch is a glacier!

Now you might understand why power is going out all over the state...


Now the storm has passed but the dangers now are all the falling branches (and whole trees!), because of the weight of the ice!
So hang in there blog readers, the worst is over and a post will hopefully be there for you tomorrow!

Love till next post,
Sandra

P.s. Charlie has also had a bit of the stomach flu, so that in itself is excuse enough for me to skip a day or two of blogging!

2 comments:

Susana la Banana said...

Actually...thousands and thousands without power! Ben looked it up at one point and it was like 70,000? Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures. I'm sorry to hear that you all lost power. We were one of the lucky ones. In fact no one in my family lost power, but a coupld of people on Derek's side did.